Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Oatmeal Bites

Just like my Oatmeal Pancakes, I have been looking for more ways to eat lots of oatmeal, even when it's so hot! These are great for breakfast, dessert, or a 3 a.m. snack. They don't need refrigeration, but I think they're extra delicious that way. These are a good example of something that you can make to suit your mood: When I really want something healthy, I use oatmeal in the place of the coconut flakes and substitute all raisins instead of half raisins and half chocolate chips. On other days, I use these to indulge my sweet tooth and eat the recipe as written.

These are so easy -- just stir, scoop, and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Notice they require no cooking or baking, so I have made them countless times over the summer.


Preparation Time: 10 minutes    Chill time: 20 minutes    Total Yield: 18 small oatmeal balls


Ingredients


3/4 cup dry quick cooking oats
1/4 cup coconut flakes (or use more quick cooking oats)
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey

Directions


1) In a medium mixing bowl using a wooden spoon, stir together quick cooking oats, coconut flakes, ground flax seed, chocolate chips, and raisins.

2) Add peanut butter and honey and stir well. This will give your arm a workout!

3) Using a cookie scoop form into balls and place on a tray. Refrigerate 20 minutes, and then serve. Cover leftovers and either store in the fridge or on the counter.

I prefer to store mine in the fridge so they are a cold snack to help me beat the heat. Of course, I'm pregnant and always looking for ways to cool down.

What's your favorite healthier snack for when it's hot?

Recipes You May Like




No comments:

Post a Comment